Major-General Gavin’s US M1 helmet
M1 helmet instituted in June 1941 in the whole american army. The steel helmet is covered with anti-reflective paint, bordered with a stainless antimagnetic rush. It is placed over a light helmet made of compressed fiber, named “liner”. This paratrooper version belonged to Major General (2 stars) James M. Gavin, chief commander of the 82nd Airborne Division, and then the VIIth US Corps.